Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Meets the White Rabbit: A Little Golden Book

I've had this Little Golden Book, an adaptation of the Disney movie adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, since I was probably about five years old (give or take). I know I've had tons more but this is the only one I kept.

As a simplification of a Disneyfied version of the book, the story is of course a far cry from the original, but I've kept this for the illustrations, which have a great 50s look since they're based off of the 1951 animated movie. (Even better, though, are the concept drawings for the movie painted by Mary Blair, a good selection of which can be seen here.)

I knew someone who collected Little Golden Books, and I must say that the thin silver spines looked great all in a row on her shelf. But I think I'll just stick to this one.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful book! i must say i've never seen this version before, would you mind showing us more pages of this book? :)

    ReplyDelete