Friday, August 21, 2009

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Set against the backdrop of the Spanish Civil War, this novel tells the story of a rare book (also called The Shadow of the Wind) discovered in the clandestine Cemetery of Forgotten Books (if only such a thing really existed). It is the only known copy, as a mysterious figure has been burning all of them one by one.

I loved this book. The mystery behind the book's origin and the elusive author who wrote it is totally engrossing. I wanted to devour it all in one sitting--though at the same time, I didn't want it to end.

This book was just repackaged--while I think it's an improvement it still doesn't feel quite right--and the author has just published a prequel called The Angel's Game, which I'm pretty excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment